View Single Post
SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Dec 09, 2021 at 07:23 PM

I'll return to this thread when I'm more awake. I've been dissociative and fatigued for the past few days.

I protect myself with masks, gloves, goggles, and clothing. I also protect myself with distancing and isolation. I do whatever I can to avoid getting sick with any illness, not just Covid, since who knows when the hospitals will be overwhelmed again. It's a pain living like this. My alters help. I'm wondering if DID becomes a strength in these times.

I have OCD, PTSD, DID, CFS, IBS, and a bunch of other things. I swear that all the acronyms I have will eventually add up to the alphabet. I'm joking, but I'm also exhausted.

This pandemic exhausts me. But I still fight the good fight with vaccinating, masking, distancing, ventilating, cleaning, and isolating. It's now become my new norm routine, or my OCD ritual, however you want to look at it. I see it as pure survival.

Even though we may not get too ill when vaccinated, we could still get long-Covid, which means more copayments and more illnesses and a shortened lifespan. I can't live like that if I know I had it within me to prevent it. So I continue to prevent it.

I work with my alters to help our system be aware of what we're doing. It's hardest on the littles and teens who want to go out and do stuff in life. But the protectors within will keep protecting. We're trying to find a balance.

Dosage of the virus matters, so even if everyone does eventually get a whiff here and there of the SARS-CoV-2 droplets and aerosols, it may not be enough to cause COVID-19 or it may be a milder version of Covid-19 if the dosage isn't as great as others (such as having a small dosage from one person versus being in an indoor crowd of multiple infected people without masks).

Better masks like N99 or N95 will help protect against Covid-19. They are expensive, but worth the cost if you can afford it.

Communicating with alters helps to keep us all safe and on the same page.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, stahrgeyzer