View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 11, 2021 at 09:48 AM

Yesterday I had to have a meeting with my CEO, the VP of Marketing and the VP of client services about one of my clients whose website is struggling to succeed online. I finally just came out with it and said "their website sucks". I showed my CEO a competitor, whose site is far more built out and far more professional looking to actually gain leads and sales. I told my CEO that my client needs to increase the content on their website in order to even begin to compete online and to obtain sales.

On Monday I have a meeting with said client to discuss a content strategy that I am building out based on keywords with search volume and on competitor sites' content that ranks well in the search engines. My CEO is joining this meeting, and I am NOT happy about that. I mean, I feel like he's placing the blame of their lack of success on ME, when in fact, it's that their site SUCKS and cannot sell products in its current state. I am tempted to tell them that they really need to design the site far better and have a professional come in to help them with that expansion of their product pages.

I am just so annoyed at how far my CEO micromanages. I mean, in our meeting yesterday, apparently my CEO was privy to some confusing emails I sent my client regarding their old website still being indexed in Google. Yeah, I got confused about how to handle this issue because they have both websites appearing in Google's index, and there was no clear or easy way to redirect the old site to the new site. My CEO challenged me on my conclusion, which involved deactivating the old website, and I had to defend my stance by saying I consulted internally with our newest team member, who is a bit more senior than myself in our field of expertise and who is more skilled in the technical aspects of our job. I know that redirecting the old site is ultimately the best practice, but I couldn't figure out a way to redirect the site.

It's like every little thing now is annoying me in my job - everything. I am really miserable and I cannot shake this feeling, even on the weekend on my days off.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Molinit