View Single Post
sanityThruLight

Member Since Dec 2021
Default Dec 11, 2021 at 02:37 PM

I think therapy is bull****. I have been to many different therapists in my time and have only found one to be beneficial - and that turned into couples therapy for me and my now wife dealing with how to live a happy life despite (or with) my illness.

I would like to note (not to discredit your feelings or opinions in anyway) that everyone has negative thoughts. It's whether those thoughts affect your actions in a negative way. They are never going away no matter how many people you talk to about them. Same as a mental illness. No matter how many meds you take or how effective they are at controlling your symptoms, that's all they are doing - controlling your symptoms. It will always be there waiting to strike from the shadows. There is no cure.

Therapy might be useful to you and more power to you if it is. Have you thought about journaling? I journal at least one page in a moleskine every morning before I do anything else. It clears my head of things I might worry about for the rest of the day. It is my opinion that no one is more qualified to deal with our own thoughts than ourselves.

Also - don't believe everything that you think.
sanityThruLight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote