View Single Post
SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Dec 12, 2021 at 11:07 AM

Currently, I work with a music therapist who helps me find safety again in hearing different sounds. Because I have been isolating in place for nearly 2 years, my ears are more sensitive to sound. I also feel depressed when listening to music sometimes because it reminds me of what I lost from this pandemic - the energy to listen to music with friends in real life. I used music to socialize or to prepare me for some social activity. Ever since this pandemic, however, music has been a sore reminder of all that I lost. That doesn't mean I don't like music; I really do. Sometimes music gives me energy to clean my apartment, to walk (if I dare put earphones in my ears one day outside, but I don't feel comfortable doing that now), etc. The problem is, I've not been able to comfortably listen to music on an ongoing basis. I can tolerate being in a music therapy group online (via Zoom), as well as in individual music therapy (with a licensed music therapist), but it's hard for me to listen to more than one song at a time.

My favorite songs, however, include songs from the 1980s and 1990s. I have a wide range of music tastes, and I do also enjoy some New Age and Classical music. I'm not so much into opera, but I would love to attend an opera one day - just for the experience. I also wish to attend a real ballet and Broadway play one day, as I learned a little bit of dance and theater when I was in high school (almost 30 years ago). So I do love songs affiliated with famous plays, dances, etc.

So far, however, I've only been listening to nature-based sounds. I hope that counts.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Thirty shades