Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 13, 2021 at 12:46 PM

Hi Aviza,

Hold to your vision. Yes, pay down/pay off debts and begin building your down payment.

I live in WA state. We have a state office for supporting first time home buyers which offer classes on the process: WSHFC | Home Buyer Programs

Your state might have something like it. We took the 5-hour class twice because buying a home was the single biggest debt we would ever take on. Also twice because they were run by real estate/loan officers seeking business so each had a different strength and different ways they offered to help us search. The one we went with connected us to the daily multiple listing service and we search through the "raw" offers ourselves. Anything interesting we'd cruise by and look at the house, yard, 'hood, etc. The agent got us inside any we liked after this overview.

Really focus on what you want from ownership: is it the equity? The artistic license to remodel to your whims? Stability and security? Nesting inside a dynamic neighborhood? A place to garden?

I'm not sure what your loans are or their rates of interest. As you can, re-borrow at lower interests to cut your total costs of borrowing. I would guess you know to pay more each month to add to your principle balance and cut the size of the balance the interest is compounded on.

When you eat meals out, avoid ordering drinks and use that $ towards your house (pay debt or build down payment).

Alright, gotta go. I was searching for something else and saw this.

Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Aviza, pachyderm