View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 13, 2021 at 03:18 PM

My hope to not have to post an update was optimistic, sadly. Some of you may be aware that I've commented on another thread, about what we're doing for the holidays.

Saw mother on Saturday and would have discussed Christmas had it not been for a minor emergency. (Whilst moving the freezer into her kitchen/diner, my brother plugged it into a socket with a timer switch. Therefore, defrosting/ refreezing so she's had to throw away food and endured a dicky tummy because it's been like this for 2 weeks). She accepted my offer to get some ready meals which I dropped in today.

Took chance to ask about Christmas. She's decided to go to my brother's house, although can't stay because they have stairs. What ensued was more of the same vitriol. All the hurt I've caused her. When I said "what about me?", she said I didn't matter. Made it worse by telling her that my aunt had told me about her suggestion to contact me. Now she's accused us of gossiping. When I got ready to leave, she said "if you walk out on me, you walk out of my life". So, she's learned nothing. I didn't expect her to but meeting half way would have been nice.

Do I feel upset about not having a family Christmas? No! As I said in the other post, the only caveat for accepting brother's invitation would be it was for my 16-year-old niece only. Now accepting I have a family of hypocrites who've only made themselves look silly.
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, unaluna