View Single Post
InkyTinks

Member Since Aug 2021
32 hugs
given
Default Dec 14, 2021 at 04:07 AM

Yes sorry I keep forgetting I'm talking to people at the other side of the world sometimes..lol!

PM=Prime Minister

MP= Member of Parliament

For the first lockdown they had what they called a CV or CEV list which means Clinically Vulnerable (Diabetes, Neuro conditions etc) and Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (cancer patients with no immune system after chemo, organ transplant patients) and if a person was on it they could get prescriptions and food delivered.

As I was already mostly housebound I already get a supermarket delivery of my food and my prescriptions get delivered anyway. I don't work so only really had to worry about getting my dog out safely.

In the first one there was also a scheme for workers ..the word escapes me at the minute!..but basically meant people still got full pay even if they had to stay home.

The govt are very reluctant to bring these back cos basically it cost them a load of money...though would have cost them more if our medical system had gone down under the pressure, as some did in other countries in Europe.

In July ..I think it was? ..they scrapped the CEV lists..so apparently we don't exist anymore! ..my life hasn't changed much as I already had that stuff arranged but for those who previously worked and had then had to shield..they've had to make tough decisions...not everyone's employers have let them continue to work from home..or their job was not one they could do from home so they got sacked or had to leave...if they wanted to choose to remain shielding.

Living rurally I always make sure I have enough food in, in case a food shop can't get here (snow) or some other emergency happens..so me and doggy are fine, but many others are worse off.

I try and keep busy but I tire easily as I get chronic fatigue too and the arthritis pain affects my neck and shoulders too in winter..sometimes it's all I can manage to throw some clothes on and get my dog out once and make something to eat...and I wouldn't even manage that if I didn't have a mobility scooter for outside!

I play video games a lot cos they don't require much energy and being focused on them distracts me from the constant Tinnitus.

Sorry this is turning into an essay lol!!
InkyTinks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3