SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Dec 16, 2021 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocosurviving View Post
I appreciate the kind words of encouragement.

I have not had much of an appetite. I ate light the first few days. Has anyone else tried Tummy Pops? I purchase mine from Amazon. Tummy Pops are ginger lollipops that help with nausea. They really help me. I usually have one while making hot herbal tea.

Tonight I ate a wild rice burger. I use Beyond Meat which is plant based.

I started using a meal planner. Pre-planning meals cuts down on eating out which is better for my health.

I also started focusing on money management. I started tracking my spending and I use a money management system to track/create a debt reduction plan. Example, I have all my medical bills listed on one sheet. I add each payment I make an the new balance.

This morning I immediately noticed overcast and I don’t like when it’s dark, doom and gloom. I dropped my teenager at school then purchased a lamp. The sales rep was really helpful. I told him I needed a lamp that allows higher wattage lightbulbs…which helps me with depression.

I hope everyone is doing ok. Holidays are really hard when you have a lot of loved ones no longer here and/or strained family relationships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love eating ginger candies once in a while, but I haven't found any good ones yet. I never heard of the Tummy pops, but they sound like they would help.

When I used to have a nutritionist (I don't anymore; this VA doesn't offer it like the other VA did), I was encouraged to preplan meals. I was supposed to be on the FODMAP diet and then try to reintroduce certain foods later to see if I had allergies or some sort of intolerance. I may do that down the road.

I like plant-based foods a lot. I only eat a few meats, but I've been cutting down.

I'm trying to eat more fresh fruits and veggies, but they tend to spoil before I eat them. It's so expensive to order every day, so I will need to plan my meals every two or three days, or perhaps every week. I used to only buy processed foods for the entire month and rest for 2 weeks with no deliveries. But now I had to deal with finding some "new normal."

I'm alone for the holidays, but I'm okay with that. I do get to visit with my rec rehab therapist tomorrow morning for a brief walk. I have gifts for her. We both wear masks. She's vaccinated and boosted and masked.

I also get to see two friends at separate times outside on Sunday, so that I can hand them their gifts and the extra wine that they accepted. I bought 12 bottles of a blend of reds and whites a few months ago, but I can't drink all that. I also didn't realize that wine expires, so I needed to give them away. I'll keep 4 for myself. We all wear masks, and we're all vaccinated and boosted.

I have a wonderful psychotherapist and music therapist that I see weekly. They are great supports as well.

Altogether, I have 3 therapists for very different things.

Music therapy is said to work on multiple parts of the brain at once, which also helps me ground with the alters. I have DID. I'm learning how to read notes for the very first time.

I'll be online here for Christmas and NYE. I'm not going anywhere.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Cocosurviving