Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2021 at 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTheSequal View Post
Thanks LT and Mobius. I fell back asleep on the couch watching an old episode of the cosby show and just woke up again. I'm feeling better, made the decision before I fell back asleep that I'm forgiving myself and moving forward. Continuing to beat myself up isn't going to undo anything that's already happened except one thing: if I continue this guilt spiral, I'll start overeating again, and gain back all the weight I've lost since July. I can't, I won't, let that happen. You're right, my son is a smart man, he knows that we didn't do it on purpose and that sometimes **** just happens. We honestly would not have left, if Rascal had been acting any kind of weird. He ate normally the morning we left, was acting like his usual self, so we didn't even consider he could be on his last few days.
This sounds a lot healthier approach Artie than the guilt you have been feeling. Rascal knew how much you loved him and he is somewhere safe and out of pain now. Maybe he went when he did to spare you the pain of losing him in your arms. Hope you can feel a little better. I know it is so hard. I miss my Esther every day. Still have the insulin in the fridge too.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight