Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 18, 2021 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
It was 45 years ago right at this time when that song was playing daily on Top-40 radio. It was a comeback song for Bread after a four-year hiatus, when previously they were churning out hit-after-hit songs.

That song is sentimental to me in my heart. At that time, when I was hearing that song, I got back together with a high school sweetheart of mine after we had separated for a little more than two years. It was unexpected for her to call on me since I had lost track of her. You might say that song was ironic for me since she was a special one I had and came back into my life. I really did feel very lost without her love when we separated two years earlier from that time. What a nice feeling it was getting back together with her!

Right precisely at that time, I had just finished the Fall semester at college, and during that Fall season, it was a crappy time. I had broken up with a girl (not the one I got back to) earlier in that season and struggled academically. I also had struggled socially, too. So even though the Fall semester season was crappy, it had a happy ending. So that's why that song is so special to me.

Also, at that time when Lost Without Your Love came out, another song that really hit me was "Somebody To Love" by Queen. Well, I rambled on over that little post and I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it. I recalled that I went through depression a lot during that Fall (of 1976) season.
Thanks for sharing. Wow, I didn't realise it was that long ago Great song, I never heard it when it first came out. Not sure when I first heard it.

Hugs from:
SprinkL3, Thirty shades