View Single Post
Anrea
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2016
473 hugs
given
Default Dec 20, 2021 at 11:15 PM

The end of day 4. I've identified some triggers - eating breakfast, and being alone when my husband sleeps or goes to work in late afternoons and evenings - so I've planned for those. I've never counted calories in my life, but these past 4 days I have. I've enjoyed learning things like a cup of cabbage (which I love) is 22 cals, and ranch dressing is 120 for 2 tablespoons. I was putting like 6 tablespoons on big salads! No wonder I could never lose weight even if I thought I was eating healthy. So, I adjusted that. Bread, high cal. I'm only eating 1/2 a bagel instead of a whole, and a little less cream cheese. Anyway, my point is, I can lose weight and eat right and feel satiated and NOT - NEED - TO - BINGE. I am eating up to 1433 cals a day, which for my age and lifestyle is how to maintain weight. I'm not thinking about losing, but the fact is, since I slowed down on the Binges (and purges), I've begun to lose weight. this non restricted mind set is starting to free me into understanding that eating is a safe thing I can do. I can learn to trust myself. At my age (56) I never learned to watch what I ate. I was always tiny until my late 40's and ate whatever I wanted. No wonder I gained weight. Purging was never the answer, although I thought it was for years. Just calorie counting and being mindful of how I eat is the key. I won't try to make up a splurge day by cutting cals the next day, or I will be back on the merry go round. The last 2 days I didn't even get to 1433 (not even to 1k) because I was full from all the mindful eating of healthy choices. I am still scared of food a little at times. But I've found that keeping a couple hundred calories for late night makes me feel safer. Like, I know I CAN eat, so I don't have to feel the fear that drives the urge. Anyway, it's just day 4, but I think I'm getting the hang of this. I'm certainly learning.
Anrea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3