View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 22, 2021 at 12:29 AM

Hi, with 2 weeks of a lite schedule I've taken too many books & books on CD from the library. Even streaming something I've borrowed, too.

Tonight, I made the connection that condo ownership has elements of poker play, not the stakes-gambling parts, but the playing part. In Hold 'Em, everyone antes up to play get dealt a pair of cards face down. In a condo, that's your unit. Then there are 5 cards face up which are the communal cards, and in the condo there are communal spaces. The betting is reversed! In poker, players bet to win the pot, in condos people maneuver to avoid the "pot," the burden of taking care of the communal spaces.

Breaks down here, because ownership follows people until they sell.

Thanks for admiration. It's just something I need to be part of if I want a roof over my bed the rest of my life, 60% self interest. The challenge is not all of the owners feel the same pinch since nearly half don't live here. A few have never lived here.

The big challenge is to reduce the time I spend bellyaching. The ratio can be as hight as for every hour of work I might spend 2 hours bellyaching. If I can hold the bellyaching to about 10 minutes per hour of work, even with the known a**holes and freeloaders trying to stir trouble or avoid work, I'll do just fine. That's my focus as I prep for this round of service. It's my 4th time I think being on the board in our 12-unit condo. Would I move into a condo this small again? No. So what, I'm here, I'll deal.

Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3