Account Suspended
SprinkL3 has no updates.

2 yr Member
10.9k hugs
given
Default Dec 22, 2021 at 09:02 AM

My grief:

1. The life I knew is gone. Forever.
2. I have so many social determinants of health that prevent me from a better quality of life that I'm now considering that I've lost my health and rehabilitation prospects.
3. I'm angry at those who contributed to my waning and premature health issues.
4. I've lost relationships, loved ones through death, my identity, my reputation, potential careers, higher education, scholarships, assistantships, equal opportunities, my identity, my cherished keepsakes, my health, my savings, my dreams, my purpose. It's hard to move forward when so many losses stem from people who offend, abuse, victimize, and traumatize others. Victims should have more rights than offfenders.
5. I've dealt with all the stages of grief in may different ways, and they all keep returning and resurfacing, because of ongoing trauma (not something in the past, but something very present and long-lasting and systemic).
6. Race-based trauma, ageism, ableism, gaslighting, emotional abuse, psychological abuse, segregation, discrimination, hate speech, bigotry, xenophobia, fat-based hate speech, and toxic positivity (a form of gaslighting and emotional abuse and psychological abuse - regardless of intent) have all contributed to my many losses of health, identity, reputation, relationships, and more. But many of these things are not considered "substantial" in the criminal justice system, or they are highly overlooked and difficult to prove in courts of law. Thus, these true yet unsubstantiated victimizations may add many forms of secondary victimizations and traumas by the ways in which people don't believe us, undermine us, minimize our pain, gaslight us, victim-blame, victim-shame, and stereotype us. These are all ongoing, pervasive, and systemic traumas that are not in the past (only privileged people - regardless of background - would claim that these things remain in the past). The ones living on the margins, the ones with multiple statuses, and the ones who are affected by social determinants of health are the most impacted with loss and the grief that follows. The grief is neverending because the trauma is neverending.

Last edited by CANDC; Dec 31, 2021 at 11:17 PM..
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote