View Single Post
SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Dec 22, 2021 at 05:47 PM

I really wish I could move to a "safe land" with "safe neighbors" and "safe medical professionals." I just want to feel safe again. I don't feel safe, and I certainly don't feel free. I want to be able to walk outside without fear of being attacked - by a human, a virus, or anything.

I also wish I had more space in my home. Ideally, I'd like a two-bedroom. I prefer to rent, so as to minimize responsibilities and have the freedom to travel as I please, if I need to. I don't know if I'll ever settle on a place, but I'm hoping to in the distal future - if I'm still alive. For now, I just want to pay off my bills and focus on savings for the 2022 year. I have at least 2 credit cards that I need to pay off quickly, in order to avoid some interest. Once I pay off my credit cards, I don't use them. They'll just sit there with zero balances. I have 2 paid off so far, but I have about 4 or 5 left.

My health is important, but I'm doing what I can with the limitations we have. I'm also sticking to the minimal friends I have locally. They are nice, and I trust them. I don't know any neighbors yet, as I don't feel they are that nice or safe. I wished I lived in a different kind of home with a backyard and a frond door that opens to fresh air. I'm sick of living in hallways with shared air spaces. I would be so much more free if I didn't live in an apartment. But I can't afford a house. Maybe a duplex or triplex townhome or home rental would do, but everyone's selling those these days - no one is renting those things anymore. It sucks how the housing market took advantage of this pandemic, because they know that houses are safer than apartment and condo dwellings.

Still, I wouldn't want to buy or own at this time. The prices have inflated so much that I swear they tripled in price where I live. Only the rich seem to be able to afford houses.

Besides, with all the wildfires, sinkholes, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, potential tsunamis, climate crises, viral issues, economic issues, pandemic-related changes, uprisings, political changes, and more, it's not safe to truly own anything at this time - unless you are rich, able-bodied, privileged, employed, have a good-enough nest egg, partnered, and healthy (minimal risks).
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote