Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Lightbulb Dec 23, 2021 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
physical christmas cards

here me out on this: it's not the thought I have an issue with, or even the holiday greetings

my issue is the actual card

I can't be the only person in the world who thinks I need to save space for things I actually need, and actually use, not cards.

I know that makes me sound like a screwdge- and trust me, I'm not

I just prefer a good ecard.. you can save it to your computer, share it with friends, look at when ever... without taking up valuable space.
One solution to that would be to scan them into your computer and then shred them for recycling purposes. If you follow the KonMari (Marie Kondo's "Magic of Tidying" book) logic, you can thank a person for the gift but NOT FEEL OBLIGATED to keep the gift forever. You can display it for decoration that year, or even just take the time to feel it, read it, meditate on the person's care in sending it, and then scan it and shred it. Once scanned fully, you can cherish the memory of it and beauty of it, even if it was a pop-up. You can then contribute to sustainability and the environment (reducing climate crises) by shredding it and recycling it. That way, it takes up less space and you're doing a service to the environment through recycling.

I plan on doing that in 2022 with all of my cards, letters, and otherwise.

The thing is, definitely get one or more backup flash drives and/or external hard drives, and keep those up to date and virus-scanned.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32451

Thanks for this!
mrsselig, MuseumGhost, SybilMarie