View Single Post
SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Dec 23, 2021 at 08:44 AM

I'm 47 and still confused myself.

If you could love any human, regardless of gender, then you might be pansexual. This may mean that you could like persons who are nonbinary, transgender, etc., as well.

If you like men and women but aren't into the monogamous thing, then you could be a polyamorous bisexual. But I'm just making that up. I have no idea if there are specific defined lexicons for the LGBTQ+ group/culture.

There are some who are sapiosexuals in addition to their gendered- or non-gendered orientations. Sapiosexuals are attracted by intellectual things (like conversations, thoughts, intelligence, etc.) than they are by physiological things. You could fit this description if your main attraction to any male or female is their intelligence or intellectual features. This could mean that you are sapiosexual and bisexual or sapiosexual and pansexual, or you could simply be a sapiosexual heterosexual with constraint from engaging sexually with others (there are those who don't always follow their feelings/instincts/attractions and identify as other things, too; I'm not sure what that's called).

There are many people who define themselves secretly or publicly, without worrying how others should define them in terms of sexual orientation. You could make up your own description. I spoke with a social worker (not therapist, but teacher and veteran of the armed forces) who teaches diversity, inclusion, cultural competence, and equity, and he said that there are many ways to self-define, and we're not limited to just one. We have the freedom to self-define and explore.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Creepeh