SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Dec 24, 2021 at 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking Dawn View Post
Hi. I'm sorry, I have been having problems recently, & I wish I could have contributed something before now. Thank you, SprinkL3 & stahrgeyzer, for your conversation. It fits so much with my own personal problems. I hope someday my voices & I will be able to make our relationships & experiences better. And I hope someday I won't dissociate anymore. And I hope your own experiences will improve, too.
No worries, @Breaking Dawn - I hope you feel better. Do you have a T to speak with?

You are okay, even if you still dissociate, etc. I don't think my dissociation will go away, but I know I can manage it the best way I know how. That's all that some of us dissociators can do.

I was thinking that maybe we can all have a monthly chat for like an hour or two, and then work on some sort of workbook.

There's some that seem very light for the littles inside.

There are others that describe what different types of dissociation are, and what we might be experiencing.

Although any alter can speak, the rules for this group remain the same while in chat. I'm not sure what the guidelines should be for chat- and support-group purposes, such as "no cross-talk or interruptions when someone is sharing," and "to take turns in sharing, but limit our sharing to 3 minutes or less, to allow everyone the chance to share their experiences per question or line item in the workbook," etc. Also, to feel free to leave if it is too triggering, and to hold comments and suggestions to those leading the group until after the group has commenced - perhaps back on the forums, in a safe space where others can see the comments so that we can collectively figure out better ways to manage a monthly chat like that. Also, to have multiple people take the role of "leader," so we all get a chance to share a workbook or a chat idea. --It's just an idea.

We can also not do chat and instead just create a thread for the workbooks here. If the workbook is for the littles or teens, they can go in their separate forums, too. We can title it: "Workbook: ______" and then the blank area gets filled with the title of the workbook. Some workbooks for DID are expensive, as I think they are for therapists. I'm surprised that none of our therapists have ever recommended them, let alone known about them. None of the PTSD workbooks worked for me, so I just spontaneously thought that maybe a DID workbook would be better. Sure enough, they exist!

We just have to all be able to afford it and figure out how to get it.

What do you all think?

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, stahrgeyzer

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn