View Single Post
Cocosurviving
Elder

Member Since Sep 2012
308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 24, 2021 at 01:37 PM

I’m looking forward to Kwanzaa. It’s not about being super happy, putting on a smile, gifts or eating….

It’s about gathering with my kids, remembering our ancestors that paved the way for us….

Connecting with those ancestors and not forgetting their sacrifices. Not forgetting old ways and continuing our roots….

Not forgetting how they came to this continent by force and violence.

Continuing to decolonize and stay connected to our ancestral roots, languages, values and principles.

I blog to brain dump, process, brainstorm and clear my thoughts, this is my method.

It’s important to not try to police others. I don’t share my feelings with certain people because they feel the need to try to fix things vs just listening and being supportive without giving unsolicited advice.

When my kids share something with me. I ask, “do you want me to just listen or would you like feedback, would you like my opinion?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1). Depression
2). PTSD
3). Anxiety
4). Hashimoto
5). Fibromyalgia
6). Asthma
7). Atopic dermatitis
8). Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
9). Hereditary Angioedema (HAE-normal C-1)
10). Gluten sensitivity
11). EpiPen carrier
12). Food allergies, medication allergies and food intolerances. .
13). Alopecia Areata

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn