View Single Post
ArtieTheSequal
Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,820 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 24, 2021 at 09:56 PM

i'm watching the Christmas Eve service on Facebook that's taking place right now in the church I grew up in back in the midwest. It's making me a little homesick, truth be told. The area the church is in, is a fairly dangerous area nowadays (it wasn't at all when I was a kid) so it surprises me that they have as many people in attendance as they do. I got a lump in my throat when the video started showing the sanctuary. I spent a lot of time there growing up - sang in the choir, played bells, went to youth group, etc. And of course the memories of my Grandma, coming strong right now, we always ate dinner at their house on Christmas eve then opened presents then went to the midnight service. Several years in a row I played the Angel in the live nativity the youth group put on. My family on my mom's side way back, were founding members of this church after they came over from Germany, so it's still very special to me. Oh now I'm going to cry - Joy to the World just started. I love the sound of the old organ. SO beautiful.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Out There, unaluna