View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 25, 2021 at 02:40 AM

I think the idea of exercise needs to be revamped. So often its seems like nothing but cardio is pushed or the cult of crossfit, soulcycle, running groups etc. If you are someone who is either sedentary, unable to run miles and miles due to a condition or injury, new to exercise or someone who hates exercise, we are constantly fed the message that we are not dedicated, not trying hard enough, a failure or lazy. People for whom exercise comes easy love to tell you all about how its so easy, log their miles and hand out unsolicited advice. If you are not able to run a marathon or take spin classes, afford a gym membership, and bench a 100lbs they are dismissive. You can literally start out sitting in your recliner and do hand weights for your arms and exercise bands. That is exercise. Taking a slow walk or a fast one is exercise. playing wii sports is exercise etc. People need to get off their high horse and read some science about weight loss and exercise and stop pushing outdated culty information. Not only has it been disproven but its not supportive. How many people have successfully gotten fit by being made to feel bad about yourself? And dont get me started on crossfit. Crossfit fools cant stop talking about how great crossfit is and how if you only would try it you'd know..Its like kale. Sure its ok but kale-ists talk about it like it makes you super human. Hey I like kale but I am not dedicating a blog to it.
And dont get me started on those standard BMI/BMR charts and how if you are 5'5 with an average frame you 'should' weigh xyz... They have been studied and disproven over and over. When will the world get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinkL3 View Post
Any advice, tips, recipes, shopping lists, book referrals, and other references you can offer to holistically reverse prediabetes and therefore prevent diabetes?

(Also, any friendly advice with comorbid chronic fatigue syndrome issues and prediabetes? Exercise is not something that I can do at the moment. For that matter, there might be those with physical disorders that prevent exercise too, so they might be able to benefit from tips here.)

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote