SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Dec 25, 2021 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
Woke up feeling very depressed. I got into an argument last night with the only friend I got over the phone. He hung up on me. So far this morning it's very gloomy with heavy drizzle. Pretty soon I'll do some cleaning and pick out music while I'm cleaning. I hope it will make me feel better. And I hope I can make it through this day, which is hard for a lot of people.
I hope you are able to feel better. I'm sorry you got into an argument with your only friend. That must be tough - esp. around the holidays.

We have snow here.

I'm alone, and I've had a few arguments myself lately - mostly with people I don't know too well online. I've limited my friendship circle in real life - ever since the end of 2020/beginning 2021, and I've been doing better ever since. I've done the same with family members, though a few of them I've maintained contact with just to stay in the loop. Those are more bittersweet relationships than my friendships with non-family members. I get along better with non-family.

I hope you are able to make new friends in 2021. Perhaps you need to find friends who are more in line with your politics and other belief systems. That helps the most. It's called "tribalism," I think. There are some interesting articles if you google them. Some discuss the positives about tribalism, especially during times when we are so polarized. It offers more validation, fewer arguments, etc. The problem occurs when you have mixed beliefs, multiple cultural practices, and/or are politically moderate or centrist; it's much harder to find people in this group than those who are strictly on the right or the left, or those who are more orthodox than others these days. Whatever your beliefs or practices, I hope you are able to find your center, your purpose, and your tribe! They are out there! Don't give up!

(PS: I'm more of a centrist democrat, but I still lean very left. I say this to anyone, no matter their political affiliation. Some of my more moderate republican family members are still somewhat close to me. They vaccinate, since they work in healthcare fields, and they boost, too, but they are more conservative on other things. I am also a multiracial person, so my culture is very mixed and very agnostic, when compared to my more orthodox family members. My friends tend to be democrat or centrists republicans who vaccinate and believe in some forms of equity. I used to be an unaffiliated independent, which is truly my political leaning. But these times bring about polarized compromises and more political game-playing, sadly.)

Hugs from:
3rd rock, T4bbyCat