View Single Post
RoxanneToto
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2020
6,991 hugs
given
Default Dec 26, 2021 at 11:21 AM

Sounds like you had a great day, MuseumGhost!
Yesterday, I watched Santa Clause the Movie. Couldn’t really hear it properly but still really enjoyed it, haven’t seen it in a few years but it was a childhood favourite of mine.
Today, I allowed myself to feel angry over stuff mum had said yesterday - she told me before we left for our in law’s house that there was (according to them, apparently, but I seriously doubt they actually said anything) to be “no coughing, burping etc etc at the table.” Basically, best behaviour only. This surprised me anyway because these in laws are actually pretty laid back. But I ended up feeling on edge for a while because I was still afraid of offending them by accident. I rubbed my nose at one point during the movie and even got told off by mum for that! The whole thing about policing my (not perfect, but still acceptable) manners, when I’m almost 40 to begin with and never act like a total pig in other people’s houses anyway just really got my goat. I felt quite angry after we got home, but I am seeing this for what it is and while I can’t directly challenge her, I’m not going to internalise it.
RoxanneToto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuseumGhost, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost