View Single Post
lovableball

Member Since May 2021
28 hugs
given
Default Dec 27, 2021 at 10:04 AM

I've shared this before on a different thread, but doesn't hurt to share it again!

":The job we will have will typically be an 8-hour job, meaning more or less that's a third of your day 5-6 days a week! That's a large chunk of your life to be spending on things that do not resonate with.

I recently left a second job for somewhat the same reason. I've been trying to make ends meet, what with the Hybrid set up for work, I'm finding parts of my day being relatively free and I wanted to keep myself occupied. So I hopped onto the remote work train.

The job I applied for was for a SaaS company/marketing agency that did lead generation work for fellow SaaS companies and I was lagging behind heavily. I felt a bit of ageism was happening too since I was a new hire but I was one of the oldest members of the team."

tl;dr: I was suffering in that workplace because I was older than most of the team members.

I always say this–if you have the financial capacity to leave your job (i.e., an income safety net) and you have enough savings to actually go job-hopping–go for it! No one deserves to go through insufferable people, 8 hours a day. We all deserve to do what we love to do
lovableball is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FloatThruThis

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, FloatThruThis, WovenGalaxy