Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Dec 27, 2021 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakForTheLight View Post
People just suck.

The Netherlands has FINALLY made fireworks illegal this NYE. Because the hospitals don't need extra pressure from firework injuries when they're already overwhelmed. (Honestly I wish they'd done this years ago, and in Germany as well. It's ridiculous, the amount of noise and destruction in the days leading up to NYE. On the 31st it sounds like a bloody war zone from early morning on until 3 or 4 AM Jan 1st. Poor pets and kids and elderly and sensitive people )

So what do people do? They go over to Belgium to get their fireworks people are so incredibly stubborn!! It's always been a problem, people buying illegal fireworks in Belgium, but now ALL fireworks are forbidden BECAUSE WE ARE IN A PANDEMIC AND HOSPITALS ARE ALREADY FULL and they're still doing it. I can't wrap my head around in. So selfish.
I am so sorry that you all have to be on lockdown in The Netherlands. And I'm sorry that there won't be any fireworks. What the USA did in some states here last year was to hold online viewings of fireworks, so we could still somewhat see them. But we couldn't, in theory, attend them. People still attended though.

Many veterans and others are sick of fireworks, too. We mainly deal with that around the 4th of July, when we celebrate Independence Day in the USA. But it still sets dogs and those with PTSD from military combat or refugees from warzones on edge. I wasn't ever in combat, but I do have PTSD and the fireworks sets me on edge unless I (a) know when it's scheduled and (b) can see it online or in person. But during this pandemic, I've remained home and just watched the fireworks online.

I hope you are doing okay out there. I'm sorry you are going through so much! It seems like there are similarities and differences in every country! These forums are so diverse - I met someone here from Spain, others from Canada, others from the UK (across the Pond, if that's the correct reference), and now you from The Netherlands. This is cool. I feel like we are all true Earthlings sharing common space. I wished that the world got along better though.

(((safe hugs and safe thoughts))))