SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Dec 28, 2021 at 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

I had to put my one dog down a year ago and he would shake and hide under me when there were fireworks. People here go across the bridge to PA and buy fireworks. The issue is in NJ we have million people and not a lot are spread out. So you have fools setting them off in backyards
Right near other peoples homes. My remaining dog is blind and deaf and does t care at all now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your poor pooch, Sarahsweets. I hope your remaining dog is doing okay.

I had a neighbor who had a blind dog. His dog was really small. He carried his dog in his hands to help him go to the bathroom outside. I was a smoker back then, so I would see my neighbor late at night when I was outside smoking. Sadly, I think my neighbor passed away from covid in 2020. I heard crying outside my door during the lockdowns, as well as ambulance sirens. I'm now renting one of the storage spaces they used to rent - a year later. I can't believe he is gone. I think his wife survived. I only met them in passing a few times before the pandemic, but we lost touch after. His wife would frequently travel out of state for work, so I think maybe she caught it that way and accidentally gave it to her husband.

Anyway, he took really good care of his blind dog. I often wondered if the dog was scared of fireworks. His dog seemed like he was shaking when he was cold or when he heard an unfamiliar voice, like mine. I felt so bad for the doggie. I wanted to just hug the dog.

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated