SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Dec 30, 2021 at 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
I strained the muscles in my low back while shoveling snow a few days ago. (Low back problems have been a perennial challenge for me.) And while I'm struggling to recover from one of these strains, I always find my levels of generalized fear and paranoia increase. Plus several people my spouse knows have developed serious medical problems recently (not Covid related... old-age kinds of stuff.) So it feels sort-of like trouble is swirling all around us (not to mention all of the violent crime that seems to be rampant recently where we live.) It's all making me wonder how soon it will be before our number comes up and to want to withdraw even deeper into my own "little" world. I wish I could be more positive. But that's the way it is now.
I'm only in my late-40s, but I struggle with transitional issues from middle-age to old(er) age, and I, too, am worried about the aging stuff and when it would be my "time." I hope for all our sakes that we are around longer.

(((safe hugs)))

I'm sorry to hear you hurt your back. My 86 y/o mom did, too. Her doc told her that she just has a pinched nerve in hers though, but she has to take the stairs in order to shower twice or three times a week, though there is a bathroom (without a shower) for her to use downstairs, where her room is. Others in the household carry her laundry upstairs for her, but she insists on doing her own laundry. I worry about her because she can overestimate how strong she is sometimes, and she is eager to help all the time. She has two great grandchildren in the home, who can't be vaccinated yet, and their parents remain unvaccinated. The others in the home might be vaccinated, but they might not be boosted. I worry about her for that.

I hope you feel better, and I hope your spouse feels better, too.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, MuseumGhost, Skeezyks, T4bbyCat

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, MuseumGhost, Skeezyks