Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,806 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Book Jan 03, 2022 at 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Have you tried collections of short stories? It’s something to dip in and out of and generally less complex plot.

I had readers block a long time and although a little better I still have times I can’t concentrate as well. I think little bits of reading are better than none. In my case I think technology use has affected my ability to stick with a plain old book.
I agree with this idea. A collection of short stories or a novelette could be less overwhelming and not a full-length novel. If you like crime fiction, James Patterson's "Bookshots" series of novelettes might appeal to you. They are about 120 pages or less. I've read a lot of them, and I could read them in one sitting but I broke it up into an hour at a time. They are very fast-paced and action/suspense packed.

Novelettes are longer than short stories but still quite short compared to a novella or novel!

Certain genres might help. I've sort of gotten my concentration back by reading fantasy/horror/sci-fi. They take me into another world, which I need since this world is going insane and is very scary to me now.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, MuseumGhost, SprinkL3