SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Jan 03, 2022 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
So true, even if it is milder, Omicron seems to be causing problems with staffing shortages in many places due to the sheer numbers being infected and needing to isolate.

We watched a game from Scotland as well and there were pretty strict limits on capacity, maybe 500 fans? The difference was striking compared to England.

Rugby is a fun sport. My country, Chile is not very good, but we have the Pumas next door in Argentina who are very talented. Before the pandemic, we went to a few Chilean national team games in person. I don't know if you have seen the movie Invictus @SprinkL3, but it is about the Rugby World Cup in South Africa during Mandela's time as president. Worth a watch. The US is better at rugby sevens, which features only 7 players and shorter, faster-paced games. They do tournaments over a weekend in different places around the globe. I assume it is televised in the US if we can usually get it here at the end of the world.
I have seen the movie Invictus - excellent movie! We actually had to watch that for our college course on Peace Studies years ago.

I hope things are okay out there in Chile - in terms of the pandemic.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote