SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Jan 07, 2022 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteraryLark View Post
I have mint green walls, so I want a lot of yellow (predominantly yellow), white, blue, and pink in my house. And so far I have a country theme in my home, but I am also on the coast so it'll be a country-coastal duo theme.

I've lost two homes, one in a wildfire and the other in a housefire. There's a lot of things I miss, but I also believe in fresh starts. Collecting stuff has definitely changed. There's a few things I cherish that I've kept safe since the wildfire, but I am no longer collecting things for sentimental value. No more needful things.
I absolutely love your furniture buys (mentioned in a different reply) and your themes ( coastal and country ) and your colors! I love light minty teal (more greenish than blue) and some light pastel yellows, myself. I also love dark colors, so I'm rather eclectic. I do love coastal and country and industrial themes though! It sounds like your new place will be perfect for your themes! I hope all your furniture arrives in good condition and works well!

I'm considering getting either a chair and ottoman set or a manual recliner (I've not decided which or where), and I'm also considering downsizing to a twin bed (I can donate my full bed and full frame for a good cause, I hope). I'm not there yet, as I don't know if I'm moving in 8 months, or if I'm staying for another year and 8 months. If I stay, I'm definitely going to make some changes! I'm liking your choice of furniture, so I'm trying to get some ideas before I make my decision in about 6 months.

I haven't been through a wildfire or home fire, but I have been homeless and through some traumatic ordeals. I've also been stolen from. So I have some similar perspectives now on collecting stuff. I have lost so many sentimental things that now I am finally making peace with how things can change. I'm slowly but surely organizing my storage areas to scan and shred or just toss things I don't need. I have tons of donations to make soon, too.

Anyway, it's exciting to hear of your new endeavors! I love hearing how people decorate their homes!
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote