View Single Post
BigBubba
Account Suspended

Member Since May 2021
3 hugs
given
Default Jan 08, 2022 at 06:10 AM

Is it normal for people not to text back once we're technically "done"? I've exchanged few messages with female coworkers and I feel ignored. Though I used to have problem with texting with women in general. In all cases we've barely spoken with each other outside of work. I didn't have any intentions rather than just putting in a good word after we've finished our project.

Both parties are in their late twenties (me and coworker). The exchange went like this:

Quote:
Me: Hey, you. Thanks for coming yesterday (afterparty). How did you like the end result? (of the project we've finished).

Her #1: Thanks for inviting me. I loved it. It's gonna be awesome if you don't add wrinkles to their faces haha (the models looked too clean, according to some people).

Me: Nah, they looked great and it stays as is. Thanks for your input.

Her #1: Thank you so much.

Me: If there is anything on your mind when it comes to things we could fix or change, let me know. After so much time spent on this I don't see things clearly anymore.

And radio silence.

The conversation #2:
Quote:
Me: Hey, thanks for coming. The project looks good, according to people I've spoken to. Your name came up - lots of good words. Some folks pointed out few things they would change. I'll look into it.

#2: I'm glad. Comments are important, but I would focus on pros (professionals). They can see things that random folks won't. And the success of the project is in pros' hands.

Me: Some of them were pros. But I'm glad random folks liked it, after all they are the ones who will pay for the product haha
The end.
Am I overthinking this or do they don't wanna talk to me?

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not their boss. I'm higher than they are in the food chain but only in this one project.
BigBubba is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote