SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Poll Jan 08, 2022 at 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
My day is just beginning as of now. I got up a little bit later than I wanted to. I didn't sleep very well. After having coffee I'm going to clean for about two hours. It's weird how, while I'm in bed just before getting up, I feel like my world is going to crash. But then after breakfast I feel much better. The thing this is on my mind the most is having to move pretty soon. I'll miss where I now even though there's not much going for me and it's too costly. But I don't know where to go.

My sister and I had it out with each other a couple days ago. I finally stood up to her and told her not to call me anymore. She felt bad about it and so do I, but that's the way it goes. Her phone calls have been aggravating and I would end up feeling angry and depressed after talking to her. Also her son picked up COVID after he had gone to a big New Years Eve party. I thought that was really dumb.

I'm sorry to hear about your anxieties and relational troubles with your sister. I, too, have issues with my family. I've also had to set boundaries.

Do you have a strategy for moving? Do you plan on staying within the same state or moving out of state? Can you afford to stay within the same state to make it easier on you before you decide to move out of state?

Sometimes self-care is all that it takes to help us with our mood modulation and energy levels. I used to struggle with suicidal thoughts every morning, ever since the pandemic began. But after about a year of therapy (my therapist used to send me "good morning" emails every morning during business days, in addition to biweekly online sessions), my suicidal thoughts dissipated. I now wake up without those thoughts, though I still feel fatigued and low energy. I also have a very unstable sleep schedule. But my T's therapy worked. My T no longer sends me emails every morning, but she still sees me online twice a week. That helps me with my other lingering conditions and symptoms.

Do you have a good T who can help you with motivation, energy, goal-setting, interpersonal relationships, depression, anxiety, and more? Can you ask your T or a friend to be a check-in buddy in the mornings, just to give you something to look forward to in the mornings - even if it's once a week or a few times a week? That might make all the difference in not feeling so alone and disconnected. I have no one locally to do that, and my family isn't reliable (they've been perpetually dysfunctional). My friends are either too busy with work or too disabled to do that, so I didn't have anyone other than my T for a very long while. I'm starting to make new local friends - all whom are vaccinated and wear masks whenever they see me (even if I'm outside). I only see them outside for essentials, such as gift exchanges or donations or getting a safe ride to and from my doctor's appointments for things like vaccines. It helps to know a few people in real life and locally - even if they are mere acquaintances. Sadly, I don't get along with any of my neighbors because many of them remain unmasked and/or unvaccinated. However, I did see some progress in one of my neighbors when I noticed that she's now wearing masks while in the hallways of the apartment building. Before she was anti-mask. So that's something new.

If you list the reasons why you're moving, including why you don't like living where you are at now, you might find the very things you are looking for in a new place. What will help you further is making a list of what your desires are, and then doing some research online to see how the communities are in terms of weather, political leanings, healthcare, crime rates, protests, zoning laws, ordinances, public safety, demographics, traffic, access to stores, access to online shopping and contactless deliveries, taxes, renters' rights, victims' rights, middle-aged and elderly rights, and whatever you will consider a "deal breaker."

I wish you the best of luck on your move! Moving can be stressful, especially during a pandemic. However, it can also be exciting when you consider redecorating and refurnishing your new place, feeling as though you are starting out fresh again, and having the opportunity to make new and perhaps closer, lifelong friends. You might even find more services and healthcare benefits in your area, such as discounted rates for public transportation, tax breaks on certain things, better weather, lowered community polarization and discord, lowered crime rates, and more.

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Breaking Dawn, T4bbyCat