Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 08, 2022 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinkL3 View Post
I had sciatica nerve problems decades ago. I'm now in my late-40s. Mine came from constantly walking, standing, and running. It took a few months for it to go away on its own, but I was in my 20s and quite resilient. If I ever got it again, it might take longer to heal - or it might require surgery, if such things ever get approved at the VA or by Medicare.

I think it depends on the cause of your sciatica pain.

I hope you are able to figure out the cause and then treat the problem at its root.

I'm so sorry you're in pain!

My 86-year-old mother is currently dealing with back pain related to what the doctor considers a "pinched nerve." I can't imagine her pain at her age, too!

Hang in there.
Thanks @SprinkL3 I’m hanging in there with it, I’m keeping positive that I can overcome this eventually.

It’s interesting you say you got this when you were active, because everything I’ve read online has said either sedentary lifestyle or active one can be to blame! I’m like you in that I was active, running recreationally (long distance) and have a retail job where I’m on my feet, bending, twisting, lifting. So maybe it was both those things or maybe even neither -like you say it depends on the cause, which it’s hard to know without imaging.

Sorry your elderly mother is dealing with back pain/supposed pinched nerve too, hoping she’s able to get some relief with pain medication. The naproxen (I think in US you call it Aleve?) did help along with paracetamol, although it’s not great having to rely on it.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3