Desoxyn We are one mind

5 yr Member
4,902 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 08, 2022 at 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

JMO after having medicated adhd and researched the hell out of it for 17 years... Are you familiar with how vyvanse works best?
And what the active ingredient of vyvanse is that basically gets the job done? I dont want to bore you if you have heard it all before. One thing is, vyvanse requires digestive action to get going in order for the lixamphetamine to be converted and released via the gut into the bloodstream. So eating something high in protein like an egg when taking it helps that process. How far apart are you spacing these meds? What is your dosing schedule?
On days that I work, I take 2x 30mg Vyvanse at ~7-8am and then make it to work by 9am. On days that I don't work, I still set my alarm for ~10-10:30am and get out of bed by 11am. But lately I've been getting out of bed past noon.

I take the 15mg of Dexedrine at 1:30-2pm and it lasts for an extra ~5 hours.

In fairness, my ADHD has been treated the best it's ever been - I just feel so much dysphoria and depression about life - Because I wasn't treated for ADHD early enough. I bet, if I was treated, I wouldn't have developed depression + severe mental illness and self destruction etc.

I started off with mild autism and severe ADHD as a child. In Ireland (Where I was raised), they didn't believe that ADHD exists and that everything could be solved through discipline. I became self defeated and depressed after never listening or paying attention - But I was extremely good at math that I always passed classes.

I developed psychosis and was given antipsychotics at age 16 from abuse by my moms ex, neglect from my parents, and isolation in my own head - Then at age 17, I was given Concerta. The Concerta only lasted 7-8 hours so at the end of the day, I'd get frustrated and write psychotic rants and delete them and knock myself out with risperidone on purpose. I then stopped taking the Concerta for 100 or so days, then abused them.

SSRI too - A bunch of stuff + Abilify later, I became manic, impulsive, reckless.. I abused alcohol so my mom told the liquor store to stop serving me (I lived in the middle of no where). I was incredibly lonely and lost hope.

I bought phenidate/amphetamine analogues. All I wanted was to focus and do my own things and be my individual self - But I always was forced to do things for other people. I quit both trades jobs (That I just did for money) and threatened suicide.

I then overdosed on a psychedelic and came to my senses - (More cautious and aware and integration of identity and much deeper intuitive thoughts + Hope). I've been thriving ever since in terms of attention and cognition.

Now, I just find it hard to get out of bed in the morning because I've built tolerance to ~75mg of dextroamphetamine split daily instead of the full 60mg in the morning.

It's not bad. I shouldn't complain. Avoiding drugs and taking the stimulant as prescribed has improved my life greatly.

I think Vyvanse is metabolized by red blood cells if I'm wrong? I used to have a chart that explained it's conversion to dextroamphetamine but mainly, I think that 50% of the lidexamfetamine gets metabolized in the first hour (Half life of lisdexamfetamine = 1 hour and half life of dextroamphetamine = 10 hours).

There is still 1-2mg of dextroamphetamine in the blood while sleeping with Vyvanse. The peak of Vyvanse is at 3-5 hours after taking it. I'm only OK with 15-20mg IR dextroamphetamine (60-70mg of Vyvanse) in my system. 10mg is ok.. But not enough. It took a while to adjust, increasing the dosage of the stimulant but now it's sort of like coffee but I'm able to focus much better.
Desoxyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely