Rose76
Legendary

Rose76 Treading water.

10 yr Member
5,302 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 08, 2022 at 10:23 PM

I enjoyed the holiday season. The past few months were a time of me feeling at my best. I put up a nice tree and a Nativity set and other decorations. I was drinking hot chocolate every morning out of a Christmas mug. I have Christmas candles in every room. I have Christmas towels. There are lighted Christmas decorations in the windows. I have Christmas jewelry. I could go on, but you get the idea. I really get into Christmas. Now it's over, and I feel sad. I didn't want Christmas to end.

Lots of people who live alone say they find Christmas a lonely time. Not me. Though I live alone, I did not feel lonely over the holidays. Due to COVID I have been avoiding people. However, I did hear from relatives and friends - mostly by phone. I felt cozy and safe in my nicely decorated apartment home. I enjoyed watching Christmas programming on TV. I made nice meals for myself. I listened to Christmas music. The world feels magical to me at Christmastime. I keep it going for the whole traditional "12 days," up through Jan. 5. Now, that magic is gone and I feel kind of down.

Does anyone else find that the holiday season and its aftermath play havoc with their emotional state?

I had planned to take down my tree and other decorations on Jan 7. Well, today is Jan 8, and I've not even begun to pack up my Christmas things. All day I have felt so down. I spent most of today either in bed or on the couch. I don't want this to become a major tailspin into depression. This evening I got really bad in feeling: What now?

I suppose no one enjoys having to pack a bunch of stuff away. It's work. Still, I don't think my main problem is laziness. It's something else that I don't fully understand. Every year I get the post-holiday blues. Last year it was really severe and lasted a few months. I don't want to let myself get that way again. I'm getting a bit scared that I'm going to take a nosedive into depression.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, SprinkL3, T4bbyCat