Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 09, 2022 at 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desoxyn View Post
On days that I work, I take 2x 30mg Vyvanse at ~7-8am and then make it to work by 9am. On days that I don't work, I still set my alarm for ~10-10:30am and get out of bed by 11am. But lately I've been getting out of bed past noon.

I take the 15mg of Dexedrine at 1:30-2pm and it lasts for an extra ~5 hours.
How long does just the vyvanse work for you?
Quote:
In fairness, my ADHD has been treated the best it's ever been - I just feel so much dysphoria and depression about life - Because I wasn't treated for ADHD early enough. I bet, if I was treated, I wouldn't have developed depression + severe mental illness and self destruction etc.
I hear you. I am 46 (yes an old lady!) but I was evaluated for lack of focus and talking etc in school and was given "attention difficulties" as my label and that was that. This was about 1981 and even then if anyone were to be treated for adhd it was only the boys, the really really hyper ones. In fact girls are so underdiagnosed you wouldnt believe it!
Adult ADHD and comorbid disorders: clinical implications of a dimensional approach
This is wordy but really enlightening. Sure if you had been treated earlier things might have been different but at the same time perhaps you would still have had some of your other disorders anyway due to the similar pathways it is believed that adhd and other mental issues take.

Quote:
I started off with mild autism and severe ADHD as a child. In Ireland (Where I was raised), they didn't believe that ADHD exists and that everything could be solved through discipline. I became self defeated and depressed after never listening or paying attention - But I was extremely good at math that I always passed classes.
Dont get me started on the NHS and its poorly designed adhd treatment plans. I have a friend who ended up having to go private to get hers treated properly.
Quote:
SSRI too - A bunch of stuff + Abilify later, I became manic, impulsive, reckless.. I abused alcohol so my mom told the liquor store to stop serving me (I lived in the middle of no where). I was incredibly lonely and lost hope.
Substance abuse is a huge issue with untreated and even treated adhd. I am sober now for 9 years but cant seem to give up the smoking.
Quote:
Now, I just find it hard to get out of bed in the morning because I've built tolerance to ~75mg of dextroamphetamine split daily instead of the full 60mg in the morning.
I thought above you said you took 2 30mg of vyvanse in the am and the 15 dex later? Did I get that wrong? Are you saying you would: rather take all of it at once, only some in the am, all of the vyvanse in the am? I am just making sure I understand you correctly. Tolerance sucks, and its sort of a long term medicated adhd patients' cross to bear... life changing drugs that you have to micromanage because you have to be careful enough to be adequately medicated without going beyond and slamming into the tolerance wall. Not to mention the comments from medical staff or in some pharmacies.."wow thats a high dose!" "You are on some heavy stuff"
"youre taking legal speed" etc.
Quote:
I think Vyvanse is metabolized by red blood cells if I'm wrong? I used to have a chart that explained it's conversion to dextroamphetamine but mainly, I think that 50% of the lidexamfetamine gets metabolized in the first hour (Half life of lisdexamfetamine = 1 hour and half life of dextroamphetamine = 10 hours).
https://corerevitalizingcenter.com/v...on-in-8-steps/
Im sure you have more info about vyvanses' mechanism of action than me but this little article and chart was more of what I was getting at. Mostly its info I have had other people share with me(just their personal experiences) and I started researching it. The thing is you have to dig past the usual articles and sort of weed through the usual horse and pony shows to get beyond the basic info. I was fascinated by how many friends reported a quicker onset of action when they had an egg or some pb toast. Or if they made sure to have a half of a tuna sandwich midday many said they felt like it "reinvigorated" their medication. I have been on adderall at the max allowable dosage for about 15 years. I started on dex spansules years ago and they helped but I was missing the "get up and move" factor and all I felt like doing was hanging out and talking and being social. My life is very social but so much more goes on it actually became not helpful.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Desoxyn