Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 09, 2022 at 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
A woman I know, not a close friend, but someone who has been very kind to me when I joined the dog trialing circuit in my area just before the pandemic began, recently lost her husband. He had a stroke in the summer and died a few months ago.

She loved him very deeply, and I remember her once telling me he treats her like a princess. She is disabled and didn't work. His income was their sole income. They rented their home and had 8 dogs.

I guess he didn't have life insurance, and it seems like she's in very dire straits financially. Her landlord wants her to move out ASAP so he can sell the place, and she can't afford to find somewhere else especially with 8 dogs.

I've been sitting and listening, not saying much just giving my ear and shoulder as she grieves. Last week I saw a glimmer of hope when she texted me and said "when you get back we have to go out. I have stop sitting around and I have to get out. I just feel like I want to die." And I said "sounds to me like if you want to rebuild a life then you really want to live." And she agreed.

But her mood certainly swings a lot and it's definitely triggered by the financial and living situation she's in right now.

So...to the point of my post: I don't know how to help her. Another friend set up a go-fund-me, which I donated to.

I just have no clue what resources are out there that could help her.

Obviously rehoming some of her dogs would be an option. They are purebred dogs that she very responsible bred though, and I know that would be a very last resort for her.

I know she gets disability, but I am not sure if working at all would jeopardize it (I'm not sure if it's SSDI or SDI), but I certainly wouldn't mind paying her to do some work for me if that would help her financially.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas for helping a widow find a home?
If you share here or via pm what state you are in I am one of those professional googlers than can find just about anything.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3, unaluna