SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Jan 09, 2022 at 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
Thanks, SprinkL3, for understanding that COVID is part of the stress I feel. I feel more isolated now. There won't be cards and gift packages showing up. I can't stay in this apt. i'll think of something.
Can you try going to safe places without crowds, like some people will put on a mask and go to the zoo, the library, a walk through an indoor-outdoor mall. Dining outside is safer than dining inside, which is another option. Also, going for walks in the park, swinging on swings, etc., are all great things to do outside. There might even be outdoor rock climbing events. Camping is another fun event you can do with trusted others, which primarily has outside events. If you're going with vaccinated others in a trailer, that might be safe, too. It's cold now, so you have to make sure not to get lost and get frostbite, and to also protect against wildlife and bugs, but it can be fun.

I don't do much, but occasionally I will meet up with my rec rehab therapist to go for a walk for 30 minutes to an hour, and we're both wearing masks while outside. It's a step I feel comfortable with. If our case counts were lower (under 5% test positivity), I would probably wear a mask and go to the zoo with a friend, so long as most of the time is spent outside and not indoors. I'd still wear a mask though. But not everyone needs to wear a mask while outside, especially if the case counts are low and the wind has a slight breeze and there aren't many people outside walking around. I live in the downtown neighborhood, so it gets crowded easily outside. That's why I elect to wear masks.

Do you have local friends or family who can meet with you outside?
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
T4bbyCat

Thanks for this!
Rose76