View Single Post
SprinkL3
Account Suspended
SprinkL3 has no updates.

2 yr Member
10.9k hugs
given
Default Jan 09, 2022 at 03:16 AM

I still have trouble sleeping. I think I have circadian rhythm disorder, but that requires a few days of sleep study, not just the overnight sleep study that the VA gave me before they diagnosed me with sleep apnea. I also have been diagnosed with insomnia, but I think it's more than the issue with having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. I have trouble finding a routine sleep pattern.

I also have nightmares and occasional night terrors.

Lunesta never worked for me, and ambien mixed with ativan sometimes worked and sometimes made me feel more dissociative. I stopped those meds years ago! I now only do the holistic thing through chamomile tea on occasion, melatonin on occasion, chamomile and melatonin together, Tylenol PM (but only when I'm NOT using melatonin, as I don't want a reaction) on occasion, or something nothing at all - esp. if I'm naturally tired.

I still wake up anywhere between 2 hours and 6 hours after finally falling asleep. It takes me anywhere between 2 hours to 3 hours to fall asleep. Essentially, my sleep routine would have to be for about 10 hours, due to the length it takes me for me to fall asleep, my dealing with interrupted sleep and then having to try to fall asleep again, etc. It's not fun.

And I'm almost never refreshed, due to my chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME). I deal with post-exertion malaise (PEM), so any exertion hours or a day before will cause me to have more unrefreshed sleep and sleep problems.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, downandlonely

Thanks for this!
Buffy01