SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Jan 09, 2022 at 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleElgwyn1 View Post
I agree. 7 years ago to Treeleaf Zendo looking interesting places and found for myself 7 years later being just a guy trying to help.
Gassho
sat/ lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I just googled "Treeleaf Zendo," and found this website: Treeleaf | Treeleaf Zendo, A Soto Zen Buddhist Sangha

I think that's what you are referring to.

It sounds really relaxing. Most mindfulness exercises are eastern-based (not western). I like what I read so far on the website:

Quote:
Treeleaf Zendo is an online practice place for Zen practitioners who cannot easily commute to a Zen Center due to health concerns, living in remote areas, or childcare, work and family needs, and seeks to provide Zazen sittings, retreats, discussion, interaction with a teacher, and all other activities of a Soto Zen Buddhist Sangha.

Available for you any time, all fully online.

...Treeleaf Sangha is a multicultural Zen Buddhist Community in which people of all socio-economic classes, nationalities, races, ages, creeds, genders, sexual orientation and identification, and physical abilities discover shared humanity by direct experience of one anothers’ lives. We are open to all. We commit ourselves to cultivating a practice in diversity and multiculturalism by incorporating into our practice the dissolving of all barriers that perpetuate the suffering of separation, prejudice, and discrimination. We intend to expand and develop our awareness of the ways we are conditioned to separate ourselves by socioeconomic class, nationality, race, age, creed, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability and other forms of identity.
I haven't watched the videos yet, but it sounds pretty relaxing, and can align with vision boards, too.

At a trauma treatment facility, the staff built in modules that included guided imagery and art therapy, which reminds me also of eastern approaches.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote