View Single Post
Cocosurviving
Elder

Member Since Sep 2012
308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 09, 2022 at 10:28 PM

•I like this platform because it allows a different type of anonymity.

•I don’t like when people assume everyone wants unsolicited advice.

•Certain topics people should ask if you would like their feedback.

•I like to post as a method of brain dumping and it helps me process my thoughts and feelings.

•Certain Generations Were Taught Not to Make Trouble. Not to Question School Districts, Teachers, Doctors, Nurses, Police Etc

•Advocating for Disability, Human and Civil Rights, Was/Is Viewed as “Making Trouble.” Colonial Culture Functions Around Certain Occupations Deemed as Noble and Untouchable.

•Generations of People Were Taught to Compartmentalize Abuse, Trauma, Micro Racial Aggressions, Homophobia and Ableism. Now Toxic Positivity is Used as a Defense Mechanism to Function in Dysfunction.

•People have a right to tell another person to leave them alone and stop giving unsolicited advice.

•A savior complex, or white knight syndrome, describes this need to “save” people by fixing their problems. If you have a savior complex, you might: only feel good about yourself when helping someone. believe helping others is your purpose. expend so much energy trying to fix others that you end up burning out.

•It does not matter if you feel you are right, if you feel the person is confused because YOUR views are different. If you work in blah blah occupation or are attending school. Respect boundaries when told to leave the person alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1). Depression
2). PTSD
3). Anxiety
4). Hashimoto
5). Fibromyalgia
6). Asthma
7). Atopic dermatitis
8). Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
9). Hereditary Angioedema (HAE-normal C-1)
10). Gluten sensitivity
11). EpiPen carrier
12). Food allergies, medication allergies and food intolerances. .
13). Alopecia Areata

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Breaking Dawn, T4bbyCat

Thanks for this!
hvert, will19