View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 10, 2022 at 05:20 AM

I LITERALLY JUST MADE THIS POST AND POSTED THIS IN ALL FOUR OF MY FACEBOOK COMMUNITY GROUPS!!

The other day in all three community groups I belong to someone posted this picture as a test site option. I immediately knew something was off. I apologize for not sleuthing it out quicker but it took me a minute. THIS IS NOT A LEGITIMATE TEST SITE!!
“Infinity medical services “ is not affiliated with any approved state or federal agency, no legitimate labs and “hardcodes” information via webcoding to basically churn out generic information about test results to scores of different people. So many people have been given incorrect results- false positives or negatives- then been sick enough to need the hospital. Or spread covid around. In some cases a person tested at various scam sites like this one, gotten suspicious and gone somewhere else. Only to get two different results! There are also cases of personal information being stolen.
Some didn’t even get results at all! Oh and many got back door insurance bills for tests that are free. It’s important to note that many of these places will hijack part of or all of another business’s name or a similar business. There are probably loads of “infinity medical…” businesses and many could be labs or medical in nature but they are not real.

It pisses me off to no end that this is happening!! It’s so hard to get a test, rapid tests are sold out and so many employers want a negative test to return to work what the hell is an employee supposed to do? Or parent?
And you know how I feel about real scientific legitimate information! (No one roll their eyes to hard please)!

*First I saved the photo. I recorded where I’d seen it. Before I started checking New Jersey I first did some research about this phenomenon nationwide.

Center for COVID Control testing? Americans describe long waits

Then I started googling and checking NJ:

Fake COVID Tests in NJ and How to Spot the Scams | Morristown, NJ Patch

Alleged Fake NJ COVID Testing Facility May Have to Pay Those Claiming to Be Duped – NBC New York

In Philly:

Philadelphia'''s unauthorized COVID sites, and the opportunity to scam people during the omicron wave.

We are all trying our best. We are all in the same boat. It’s disgusting. Please do not post obscure, obtuse or sketchy pictures or information from covid sites you either :
Haven’t googled
Haven’t been to yourself
Haven’t found online information about
Haven’t read reviews about
Haven’t checked the social media pages of.
I fault no one if they’ve fallen for this. I mean, sure assholes exist but I thought assholishness had its limits. It seems legit for someone desperate for their kid to go back to school and parents or anyone who just wants to do their jobs and earn a living. I wish I remembered Who shared this. If they are local or part of the community and you know them please encourage them to message me so I can share information with them to share with others. If this person is in our community their intentions were good. If this is new member with like 4 posts who joined two weeks ago that no one knows please either check them out on your own and share that they are “safe “ or report the post to the admin’s for investigation or removal. I will be making this post public in all of my groups so feel free to share.

We just need to be good humans and help each other out.

{ALSO: I’m in a frenzy typing but have arthritis. If you see a typo, grammatical error or something totally stupid please tell me and I’ll edit. I promise it’s just a fast mind with clumsy hands, not stupidity!}

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

President of the no F's given society.

Hugs from:
downandlonely, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3