Metaphysic

Member Since Aug 2016
4,906 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 11, 2022 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
How long does just the vyvanse work for you?

I hear you. I am 46 (yes an old lady!) but I was evaluated for lack of focus and talking etc in school and was given "attention difficulties" as my label and that was that. This was about 1981 and even then if anyone were to be treated for adhd it was only the boys, the really really hyper ones. In fact girls are so underdiagnosed you wouldnt believe it!
Adult ADHD and comorbid disorders: clinical implications of a dimensional approach
This is wordy but really enlightening. Sure if you had been treated earlier things might have been different but at the same time perhaps you would still have had some of your other disorders anyway due to the similar pathways it is believed that adhd and other mental issues take.

Dont get me started on the NHS and its poorly designed adhd treatment plans. I have a friend who ended up having to go private to get hers treated properly.
Substance abuse is a huge issue with untreated and even treated adhd. I am sober now for 9 years but cant seem to give up the smoking.

I thought above you said you took 2 30mg of vyvanse in the am and the 15 dex later? Did I get that wrong? Are you saying you would: rather take all of it at once, only some in the am, all of the vyvanse in the am? I am just making sure I understand you correctly. Tolerance sucks, and its sort of a long term medicated adhd patients' cross to bear... life changing drugs that you have to micromanage because you have to be careful enough to be adequately medicated without going beyond and slamming into the tolerance wall. Not to mention the comments from medical staff or in some pharmacies.."wow thats a high dose!" "You are on some heavy stuff"
"youre taking legal speed" etc.

Vyvanse Water Titration in 8 Steps - Core Revitalizing Center
Im sure you have more info about vyvanses' mechanism of action than me but this little article and chart was more of what I was getting at. Mostly its info I have had other people share with me(just their personal experiences) and I started researching it. The thing is you have to dig past the usual articles and sort of weed through the usual horse and pony shows to get beyond the basic info. I was fascinated by how many friends reported a quicker onset of action when they had an egg or some pb toast. Or if they made sure to have a half of a tuna sandwich midday many said they felt like it "reinvigorated" their medication. I have been on adderall at the max allowable dosage for about 15 years. I started on dex spansules years ago and they helped but I was missing the "get up and move" factor and all I felt like doing was hanging out and talking and being social. My life is very social but so much more goes on it actually became not helpful.
The Vyvanse lasts for ~7-8 hours (Without the Dexedrine) + residual stimulation that I don't really care for but with the Dexedrine, it just seems to last longer (Because the Dexedrine adds a little bit of dextroamphetamine to the residual stimulation in the late afternoon to be more effective and last longer).

So the dextroamphetamine peak seems to last longer but the morning 60mg of Vyvanse is less effective (Due to the extra dopamine that the Dexedrine squeezes out of my brain).

My brain only has so much dopamine that it can SQUEEZE out daily!

Dextroamphetamine IR (Instant release) lasts 2-3 hours for me (I've only taken IR with Vyvanse). It could last longer if I had a 15mg IR Dexedrine 3-4 times a day but here in Canada, there's only 5mg IR tablets - So I'd have to take 9-12 or more a day... lol...

I would take 20mg of Ritalin IR 3-4 times a day but it's less safe for the heart long term.

What I'm going to do about this is to just struggle a little every morning, make a coffee and wake up a little tired (Not nearly as tired as without a stim would be) + Ask my psychiatrist to lower the Invega Trinza from 525mg to 350mg - That should help.

But thanks!
Desoxyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty