View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,625 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 13, 2022 at 06:41 AM

Well, if I have to do it, then I will do it, but only if I really want to work for that company.

I got tired, and this one company wanted WAY too much in my opinion, so I declined. They even wanted a peer review from those I would manage - now that makes no sense to me whatsoever. They first wanted a work sample, then an essay questionnaire, then last, a peer review with me giving a presentation of my best work. Forget it.

The last time I did a peer presentation, the hiring manager laughed in my face because the room went completely silent after I finished my presentation. I am not going through that again.

At least I can pick and choose which companies and interviews I wish to pursue. And it IS a two-way street. I have just as much of a right to refuse to go through a particularly grueling interview process as they do in rejecting me. It's my life after all, my work life, and I get to choose which company I want to work for.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jan 13, 2022 at 07:45 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3