View Single Post
dbandme
Newly Joined

Member Since Jan 2022
Cool Jan 14, 2022 at 01:02 PM

Hello - Is there a forum for family members of DPD? I am the older and only sibling of someone with this disorder and am desperate to find a support group. My sister is 51 now and I am 63. She has behaved this way her whole life it has never been identified or treated and she has no idea she has it. I have only just discovered that this condition existed and it explains so much as her behavior checks almost every box. As a result of an anxiety disorder and another mental health issue which she has had since she was young, and because she never married, I and consequently my husband and adult children are very affected constantly by her behavior and it is very frustrating and energy draining on many levels. How can we help her seek therapy for this or alert her therapist that DPD may well be a significant disorder she has so that the therapist can work with her on it? I admire any self aware sufferers of this who are reaching out on this forum. Is there a forum specifically for family members? Thank you.
dbandme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
CANDC