View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2022 at 01:53 PM

When is too soon to start trusting your therapist?

I've seen Julieanne 4 times over a period of 4 months I think. I'm already starting to trust her but something in me is kind of panicky because I feel like it is too soon. That I shouldn't trust her yet. Or something bad will happen. I don't have a clue what that something bad is, only that it is bad and catastrophic!

But still I find myself opening up to her, telling her about my voices, SH, stuff like that. I have endeavored to be as open with her as possible and transparent. I've been intentionally trying to build up trust between us so that way we can move forward into a beneficial relationship.

Still part of me feels unsure and I don't want to rush things. I just want to be real with her, y'know? She reminds me in no small part of former T (they look similar for one) and I had tremendous trust in former T, although I think that took several months to develop while seeing her weekly.

Maybe I am just at a point in my life, and therapy, where I trust easier. But still I am a bit paranoid that I have trusted too much too soon. I can't think of anything I would have done differently really though, or said differently. I didn't tell her I was in crisis beforehand. So, maybe I should have done that. I guess I am playing the fence. Trying to be cautious whilst trying to be open and transparent. Too soon?

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, Breaking Dawn, Favorite Jeans, LonesomeTonight, LostOnTheTrail, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
LostOnTheTrail, Taylor27