View Single Post
lovethesun

Member Since Dec 2014
58 hugs
given
Default Jan 14, 2022 at 02:17 PM

Hello my friends. I have a daughter who is graduating high school in June. We are a small family and I wanted to make sure we all are together to celebrate the occasion. My daughter has worked very hard, especially during trying times, to do her best and is proud to be graduating. I just sent a "save the date" note to my brother and sister so they can mark their calendars. My brother responded by saying "we booked a beach house for that week a while back so we won't be there, but we will send a nice gift". This response made me very angry. I'm asking them 6 months in advance. My daughter will only graduate from high school once. How should I react to this? Should I be understanding and say "sorry to hear that, we will miss you"? or should I let him have it and remind him that family should come before a beach house? I did send a reply asking if he could shift the days around on the rental. I have not heard back, but I'm not expecting a favorable response. He can be a selfish person sometimes.
lovethesun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote