View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2022 at 03:45 PM

Yes, I've had supplies of regular generic Seroquel, prescribed for that purpose by my psychiatrists, for years. I do already take 550 mg generic Seroquel XR as part of my regular cocktail. Honestly, I think it's great for me in both cases.

I haven't needed the prn regular Seroquel for a while, but when I take it it is usually because of breakthrough hypomania or even mania. My old psychiatrist said I could take anywhere between 25 mg to up to 150 mg as a prn, so I keep some 25 mg pills and even more 50 mg pills. I have also taken small doses for anxiety. Though I do lean towards taking Ativan prn, the Seroquel does indeed help. My old psychiatrist's rule was that if after taking the higher end of the prn doses for three days, I should call him. In such cases he would usually raise my base generic Seroquel XR, sometimes just more in the evening, or sometimes he'd add some small amount of it for the morning. Eventually, as my moods stabilized, I'd go back to just the evening dosing.

If the prns do their job, I then just wean off the prn. Truth is, sometimes I just need that prn Seroquel to "take the edge off" or to "extinguish the rise".

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
xRavenx

Thanks for this!
xRavenx