Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2022 at 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I'm having just a lot of strange little issues and I'm wondering if they are all related to the pandemic or if its something else. Basically all my Amazon orders are taking forever to ship, even the prime ones. All my deliveries no matter where they are coming from are getting delayed. And gift card refunds and other refunds are not coming and checks arent clearing either.

So I was just wondering if this has something to do with covid because even at Christmas time I was not having any of these issues and its been kind of stressful.
its a combination of things...

when covid began and here in the USA there was a shortage of medical supplies many companies like amazon had to prioritize. they focus first on the supplies needed like masks and other PPE's. then after that necessities like food and t.p hand sanitizzer, then after that regular shipments. they have a notice on their page and have sent out emails to their customers letting them know that how things are shipped out has changed and may affect delivery times.

Add to that employee shortage as people need to be vaccinated in order to work for some companies. many have died because of covid, many are on medical leave as they battle covid or heal from it, many cant go back to work because of the lingering long term effects of covid. and there are some in the US that refuse to get vaccinated which means they are not able to work with some companies that require it. this leaves many companies short handed and not enough staff to fill the orders and get them shipped out.

Add to that the USPS (United States Postal Service) has had to reduce their work hours and they too are dealing with employee shortages due to covid cases, vaccination requirements, some employees unable to work because they refuse the job required vaccinations.

all this ads up to shortage of supplies, shortage of employees, longer wait times for amazon to fill the orders, longer wait times for amazon to mail out the orders, longer time it takes the US postal services to transport orders and deliver orders.

my suggestion is keep in mind any orders marked two day delivery may take up to two weeks to fill, ship and deliver that order if it is not medical supplies like masks, hand sanitizer, and check out the delivery day options when you order. some shipments you can select what day to receive them most times these selections are 5 to 7 days. example my order that went in today will be here on the 29th. I could have selected the 21st but that delivery date would not work for my wife and I.

I also try to keep in mind that many businesses went out of business this past 2 years which means supplies on some items are limited.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Mountaindewed