Child of a lesser god

Member Since Jun 2015
12.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2022 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
We were talking about birthdays in session today, as mine is at the end of this month. Dr. T was saying how his sister-in-law celebrates hers the entire month, treating herself to things, saying (all month) that she's having "birthday wine," etc. He said for him, he just marks off 2 weeks of depression around the day on his calendar. I asked if he shaded the weeks in blue, and he said he puts a different sad-face emoji on each day.

I'm pretty sure he was joking about the emojis, but the other part felt like a disclosure. Especially because from some things he's said, he struggles with the idea and side effects of aging.
If you don't want the disclosure, you could shut it down. Visa has an annoying habit of dropping stuff on me (like she's autistic, upset about her recent weight gain, has a daughter who needs a psychiatrist) and I just refuse to take the bait and ignore whatever it is or don't respond or don't acknowledge it at all. (It is one of Info's better points that she generally doesn't disclose very much, the dwarf brother being an exception.)

I mean, yes, it's their job not to disclose unless it's therapeutic, but we can also stonewall them. It's really just more evidence of wilyness on their part imo.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, MobiusPsyche, stopdog, susannahsays, unaluna