View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2022 at 06:03 AM

People can be aroused by all kind of random things so I do not believe it means one thing or the other. I don’t think arousal from watching or thinking of gay sex make one gay.

It might be too early in the morning but what do you mean by paraphilia? There are many kinds I think.

Are you talking about desiring sex without other party’s consent or some other practices falling into a criminal categories? Or something less drastic?

Sadly from what I’ve read those who desire intimacy with certain categories (I don’t want to verbatim type it in here it might be triggering to people) eventually act or attempt to act on it. It’s rarely staying just in a fantasy.

I once watched a documentary on the topic and there was a man serving years for one widely known paraphilia. He was giving advice to people, if they have these urges seek immediate help. But people are too embarrassed to seek help or they think “oh these are just thoughts”.

Then at some point in their life they act on their thoughts and feelings and by then it’s too late to seek help, they committed s crime and harm or potentially harm other humans or creatures.

I think this topic is extremely complicated and complex to have a clear cut answer .
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto, ScarletPimpernel